For Women By Women
You are equal partners in your businesses - you take on the same amount of risk and stress as the other directors of your company (like your husbands/partners). That's why we create networking opportunities, so that you can meet like-minded women who understand your challenges.
The roles you do are important, and you often keep things running smoothly behind the scenes, while juggling other responsibilities and commitments. You're skilled at what you do. We're focused on creating learning opportunities tailored to you, so that you can develop professionally and feel confident and supported in your role.
We believe as women we bring a different perspective to things, and it's important to have that balance of view point. That's why Women in Forestry is a network for women facilitated by women, who understand your role and your challenges. We're working hard to advocate at an industry level and be your collective voice.
What Do We Offer?
We aim to provide support to our members in the following ways:
- Opportunities to connect face-to-face through events
- Opportunities to connect digitally through emails, social media
- Knowledge share through profile stories, tips and tricks and resources
- Professional development through guest speakers, future training opportunities
- Advocacy for women and the issues concerning the wider industry
- Representation of women ‘at the table’ in key industry groups
Women in Forestry is Coordinated by Frank Communication
Frank Communication is a Te Awamutu based marketing and administration company. Frank's directors are Women in Forestry co-founder Sarah Davidson, and her business partner Kim Godfrey. Frank currently coordinates the Women in Forestry Network voluntarily while we work to secure funding and formalise the Network for future sustainability.